Raw Pad Thai
Prep Time 20 – 30 minutes
This is a very simple, quick meal, but oh so tasty and filling.
Feel free to change out the veggies with what you have if need be.
I substitute lightly grilled tempeh for the edamame or tofu.
• 1 medium zucchini, julienned or spiraled
• 2 large carrots, julienned
• 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
• 3/4 cup frozen edamame, thawed (or try tofu)
• 3 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
• 1 garlic clove
• 1/4 cup raw almond butter
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
• 2 tablespoons water
• 2.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
• 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1. Prep vegetables. Add the zucchini, carrots, pepper, and cabbage into one or two large bowls. Toss with hands to combine.
2. Prepare the dressing by processing all dressing ingredients in a mini processor (or simply whisk by hand). The dressing may seem a bit thin at first, but it thickens as it sits.
3. Top bowls with edamame (or tofu), green onion, hemp seeds, and sesame seeds.
Pour on dressing and enjoy!
Yield: 2 large servings