Chi Nei Tsang
Chi Nei Tsang (CNT) is deep gentle abdominal manipulation developed millennia ago in the mountains of China by Taoist monks. Its purpose was to detoxify, strengthen, and refine the physical body to maintain the energy required to perform high levels of spiritual practice. The words Chi Nei Tsang literally mean ‘working with the energy of the internal organs’.
Modern Chi Nei Tsang is an effective soothing visceral manipulation as either standalone modality or as augment to other healthcare modalities, including counseling and psychotherapy. Chi Nei Tsang addresses the origin of health problems with deep, soft, and gentle abdominal manipulations. This helps the body eliminate waste and stagnation and may produce psychosomatic and emotional responses. CNT stimulates the lymphatic and circulatory systems increasing detoxification which strengthens the immune system and resistance to diseases. Patients using Chi Nei Tsang before and after surgery recover better and faster.
CNT has been helpful with chronic back, neck and shoulder pain and problems related to misalignment of the feet, legs and pelvis. Poor digestion is also one of the main reasons for ill health. By freeing adhesions stored in the viscera surrounding abdominal organs, Chi Nei Tsang helps improve digestion and clear obstructions to the free flow of energy through the body.
Chi Nei Tsang can be effective in the following conditions:
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Fatigue, Sleep Disorders
- Digestive Disorders Including Allergies, Gas, Pain, Elimination Problems, IBS
- Improves Liver/Gallbladder Function
- Improves Immunity
- Eliminates Chronic Neck, Shoulder, and Back Pain
- Corrects Musculoskeletal Issues Due to Visceral Imbalances
- Improves Gynecological Issues and Organ Prolapse
- Detoxification, Tonify, and Strengthens
- Headaches & Migraines
- Adjunctive to those undergoing nutritional changes
- Pre & Post Surgery
- Adjunct to Counseling/Psychotherapy