Motor Vehicle Accidents often referred to as MVA’S happen frequently and cause significant physical and emotional trauma affecting many areas of your life and well-being. This is a crucial time to receive proper care which includes treatment massage therapy. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms following a MVA, please call us.
- Back/Low Back Pain
- Neck/Shoulder/Arm Pain & Stiffness
- Restricted Range Of Motion
- Burning Or “Pins & Needles” Sensations, Tingling, or Numbness
- Poor Sleep Or Fatigue, Depression, Irritability, Difficulty With Concentration
Immediately after an accident, the profound relaxation benefits of Craniosacral Therapy reverse the effects that the trauma of a car accident has on your Central Nervous System. Therapeutic bodywork will help to manage the inflammation that usually follows an auto accident by promoting circulation of both blood and lymph. During the sub-acute stage, massage helps restore and improve range of motion and prevent myofascial adhesions and the formation of scar tissue. Later, as treatment progresses specific injuries are addressed such as neck pain, headaches, whiplash, back pain, shoulder sprains/strains, hip pain, etc. Receiving proper treatment now will eliminate musculoskeletal issues later on in life.
If you were involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) in the State of Washington, your medical expenses are covered under PIP (Personal Injury Protection) insurance unless you request otherwise. It applies whether you, or another driver were at fault, or if you were a pedestrian or on your bike. It is your legal right to choose the practitioner(s) you want to work with. We will work in close communication with your Attending Physician through all stages of treatment.
On your first appointment, please bring:
- Prescription with diagnostic code(s) from Attending Physician (MD, DO, ND, or DC)
- Insurance information including mailing address, phone number, Incident claim number, and the adjustor’s name and phone number.
- Patient Intake and additional forms found below and on the Client Forms page.
Eastside Wellness Center Patient Intake Form
EWC Intake Form
Additional MVA Forms