Therapeutic Bodywork is an umbrella term used to describe various hands-on modalities of massage and movement that are used to address musculoskeletal problems.
Therapeutic Bodywork sessions are tailored to treat an individual’s specific needs. No two sessions are ever the same. It is integrative in that it incorporates more than one modality of techniques to treat and resolve soft tissue problems, whether from injury or use.
Different modalities we may use at Eastside Wellness Center are Craniosacral Therapy, Lymphatic Drainage, Chi Nei Tsang, Reflexology, Trigger Point Therapy, deep soft tissue work, and breathe work. We train and take continuing education to be massage practitioners. Becoming competent professionals takes time and the maturation that comes with years of experience.
Therapeutic Bodywork facilitates the following outcomes:
- Releases muscle tension which directly helps relieve nerve pressure & pain
- Improves lymphatic drainage and blood circulation
- Stimulates and enhances immune system response
- Enables deep relaxation which facilitates the body’s ability to heal itself
- Supports and integrates allopathic and naturopathic protocols
- Unwinds shock and trauma stored in tissue
- Energizes and rejuvenates the body and the senses
- Nurtures through physical touch
- Increased body awareness, restoration of physical sensations, and an enhanced sense of self